Thursday, November 26, 2009

thankful

pecan tart


pumpkin pie


Today I am thankful for stretch jeans and oversized sweaters. Yesterday while I spent a good part of my day creating these two desserts to take to my brother's house today, I was thankful we had stores within a few miles of our house. For some reason I had a few senior moments and had to make a couple trips to the store for things I forgot the first time. I am thankful that my sister-in-law is cooking the turkey and hosting our large family this year.


I am thankful for expressive, beautiful poems like this one written by my daughter a few years back. I found this while cleaning out my office this week...


note


Wishing all of you a wonderful day spent with family and friends.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

What a precious little note from your daughter. I know what you mean about stretch jeans. I'll be wearing my buffet pants all weekend.

Cindy said...

Hi Cathy! Yes, that little poem was written a few years ago... she's 12 now and when she saw that I had posted it on here, she wanted me to delete it. I'm just trying to hold on to the preciousness as long as I can.

Susan said...

Awww, such a sweet poem from Isabel! Of course she wanted you to delete it! She's 12! And good for you for sticking to your guns. She'll love it in a few years.

Lovely looking pies, Cindy. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Cindy said...

Thanks Susan! I hope you've recovered from a hectic few days of guests. My holiday was rather relaxing this year - just a drive out to the country for a family dinner.