Saturday, March 16, 2013

St Patrick's Day Dinner

My daughter is a vegetarian, my husband is eating low carb and high fiber, and I’m trying to keep everyone fed, which creates challenges both at the grocery store and in the kitchen. Regardless, I’ll be slow roasting a chunk of corned beef tomorrow. It’s a tradition I look forward to.

If you missed last year’s post on corned beef, you can find it here. In that post, I educate you on what type of meat to purchase that will provide the most flavorful, nutritious option. I was clueless as to why the cuts of beef differed so dramatically, so I needed to do some research. What I found rocked my world! Check out last year’s post before you’re disappointed by mediocre, unnaturally colored, stringy corned beef.

However you choose to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day (or not), I highly recommend this soda bread from one of Portland’s local bakeries, Grand Central Bakery, I’ve included that recipe here too. With a hint of sweetness, an amazingly moist crumb, and subtle flavors of orange and caraway, this bread is the perfect accompaniment to just about anything.

31711ID-104

31711ID-143

For instance, it’s really good with this...

31711ID-130


Sláinte!

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit!

No comments: